The Realities of Birthdays

For a few years now, my birthday has been a rather stressful time for me. My grandfather's birthday is the day after mine. That was always really exciting for me because we would celebrate together. He died five years ago. Since then, I can't see my birthday in the same way.

It's hard to have a birthday the day before a dead dead relative. I didn't know how to handle it for a long time. Now that I've grown up a bit I understand that Him being dead isn't a burden to my birthday.. It would be the same no matter what the day would be. Both in death and in life he taught me a lot. 
My grandfather is one of my heroes. I grieve a little less every day. I miss him a little more every day. I am a little stronger every day. 

Happy birthday Papa.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stresses of College

I have a jealousy problem