The Stresses of College

Soooo......

This week took a weird turn around Wednesday. Instead of going about my day as normal, I had a bit of a freak out. Why? Well.... It's because of my good friend Brad.

He and I were having a conversation in our Philosophy class about how our classes were going, and instead of just talking about our teachers and other students, we started talking about our hour counts. This is where it went down hill.

I told Brad that I have around 58 hours on my record due to my duel-enrollment classes in high school. He immediately looked shocked. I had no idea why. He told me that the max hour count you could have to transfer was 62 hours. I immediately freaked out. I didn't want to graduate early, nor did I want to even think about leaving Jones.

I started panicking. Instead of thinking about the situation rationally, I called my mother freaking out. She told me that it wasn't a big deal, but her words did nothing but anger me. I hung up the phone frustrated and stressed beyond measure.

Fast forward to later that evening, I messaged my adviser, and she told me that the max was not 62 at all. Instead, the average hour count that is taken is around 72 hours. I don't have to leave yet. Thank God.

The moral of this story is do not freak out over everything. You'll just be tired and grumpy afterward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Realities of Birthdays

I have a jealousy problem